The Easiest Way to Get Your Door Repaired in Vancouver British Columbia
Broken doors can be a nightmare for any home or business owner. Doors often develop problems especially if you’re living in an old home where most doors don’t open or shut as they should. door repair Port Coquitlam
My Door Is Broken – Who Can I Call?
Many times when trying to fix the door yourself you do more harm than good so the best thing you can do is to search for a company that offers this type of service. Here are some tips that will help you make that choice. Vancouver door repair
- Ask for recommendations: your friends or family might have needed that service before and know a very good door repair company
- Search for customer reviews – a good company will have very good reviews that you can count on
- Be there when the repair is done, if possible
- Don’t pay upfront
Common of Door Problems You Can Fix Yourself
There are a few problems you can easily fix yourself if you like to work with your hands, some of which are:
- The door binds against the jamb: this is a very common problem that can be easily fixed.If it binds against the upper corner then you need to replace one or more of the screws that hold the hinge. If it binds against other parts of the jamb you need to look for stress cracks that point to settling issues. The bound area can be relieved by tapping against the frame with a hammer.
- The door doesn’t stay latched is often about readjusting the strike plate.
- The door doesn’t stay open: this can be fixed by inserting a piece of wood behind the hinge and retightening the screws.
However, most door repairs require professional attention as it is the best way to make sure the result will be satisfactory and you won’t have the same problem again anytime soon so don’t hesitate to call a company that performs door repair in Vancouver, British Columbia. door repair Burnaby